As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Gear Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron?
Killer Beez
Re:Mistery OCTATRACK: new from Elektron? 14 Years, 2 Months ago
konkrete wrote:
what I'm hoping for is a XXXCSHDRRT but we're probably going to get a FFFRPPPI!!ING and then everyone who was right will be like ZZZWWWAARRW and all thoze who were wrong will be like OH ACTUALLY I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED. Then there'll be lots of BWWAWAWAWAWA maybe even on peter kirn's 'ELECTRONIC CABBAGE SPROGGIT PSEUD'S CORNER' where the 'a new butter based USB massage enables DIY multiple dorkgasms' hook will lead into many a DEEP PENETRATIVE INSIGHT into the Oktospastik Cyclotron everyone's all be waiting for and lathered up about. BUT I WANTED A FSFSSRRRGGRLL, and I've been saying that since 2004 when the first... they moan nonetheless. Then someone will complain that it's too expensive and that anyway therez a plug wot can do all that anyway like. Cue nuclear flame festival and rotten tomato in the stocks hurling, bunion scraping, cheese rolling, caber tossing, frollicking Glastonbury mud orgy of a thread while we all save up the quids for DA TING with its 8 TRAXX of SEXX, which we can't really justify to the better halves anyway cos it's just a BOX THAT SEZ "MOOO!" (albeit repetitively), and it seems that there's no way that that could possibly be worth more than a hair sandwich, EVEN if it's set off in glorious brushed aluminium, COMEZ WITH STICKAZ and says moo REALLY LOUDLY when plugged into those expensive expansive high end tweeters in our sound proofed cave. But one thing is for certain. When we have TURBO MIDI, there ain't gonna be no USB, especially not without no stinking Sepia Officinalis CONNEXION, dig?
I agree that it is going to be one hell of a storm of discussion, arguments, whining, worshipping, etc. when Octatrack is relevead. People *will have* opinions of how it should have been made and what it should have inside. To make most of the discussion, it is actually interesting to follow how peoples imagination regarding the musical instruments is constructed by the products that already are on the market. In other words, people will take features of existing products and attach them into their dream-prodcut and say 'it should have been like this'. To me, it tells something about the common imagination that people share - it's largely shaped by the existing products and specs. What kind of imagination is that? We really could choose to speak about something else when the Octatrack lands, couldn't we?
  The topic has been locked.
Admin
konkrete wrote:
what I'm hoping for is a XXXCSHDRRT but we're probably going to get a FFFRPPPI!!ING and then everyone who was right will be like ZZZWWWAARRW and all thoze who were wrong will be like OH ACTUALLY I'M REALLY DISAPPOINTED. Then there'll be lots of BWWAWAWAWAWA maybe even on peter kirn's 'ELECTRONIC CABBAGE SPROGGIT PSEUD'S CORNER' where the 'a new butter based USB massage enables DIY multiple dorkgasms' hook will lead into many a DEEP PENETRATIVE INSIGHT into the Oktospastik Cyclotron everyone's all be waiting for and lathered up about. BUT I WANTED A FSFSSRRRGGRLL, and I've been saying that since 2004 when the first... they moan nonetheless. Then someone will complain that it's too expensive and that anyway therez a plug wot can do all that anyway like. Cue nuclear flame festival and rotten tomato in the stocks hurling, bunion scraping, cheese rolling, caber tossing, frollicking Glastonbury mud orgy of a thread while we all save up the quids for DA TING with its 8 TRAXX of SEXX, which we can't really justify to the better halves anyway cos it's just a BOX THAT SEZ "MOOO!" (albeit repetitively), and it seems that there's no way that that could possibly be worth more than a hair sandwich, EVEN if it's set off in glorious brushed aluminium, COMEZ WITH STICKAZ and says moo REALLY LOUDLY when plugged into those expensive expansive high end tweeters in our sound proofed cave. But one thing is for certain. When we have TURBO MIDI, there ain't gonna be no USB, especially not without no stinking Sepia Officinalis CONNEXION, dig?

When the shit hits the fan, I see myself referring to this post at least twenty times in the coming weeks.
Admin
tIB was here
konkrete wrote:

WASSSUP!
Hammer Bro
www.soundcloud.com/highsage
Detroit Techno, from Vinyl to Live Performances and everything in between. Elektron Fanatic.
wait what? 'more depth' than a MnM? That's DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPP!
Killer Beez
monomachine mk2, Analog 4, boss dr110
ha konkrete -funniest post i've read here.. so true so true......
"cheese rolling, caber tossing"
Admin
konkrete wrote:

holy s.

that's more creativity than i tapped in the last year. good on you
hopefully it won't hit the stores until I can afford one. I don't know what it is yet, but I am 95% sure I want it, and 100% sure it would be exatcly what any MD/MnM owner would want it to be
Hammer Bro

I want it too.
I'm feelin bad.

edit: i was really thinking the new dawn was Hector ! so happy now

Hector/ Octatrack
Admin
please to be looking in the upper right-hand corner of elektron.se: the octashark bites?!

(we need a pot stirring emoticon. revolviendo la casuela!)
Go to top Post Reply